3-Month Contractor (Remote)
Tried of working on slow-moving projects or those that don’t see the light of day? Does having an impact on both the planet and people excite you?
Are you that person who thrives at the intersection of business, design, and content strategy?
Great, keep reading!
To apply for this job, please do the following:
1) Read the job description
2) Fill out the application linked at the bottom of the job description
3) Please don’t email us to apply because we’ll just tell you to fill out the application!
You will have some flexibility over your schedule and should be available for meetings across all USA time zones.
This is a part-time contractor role, with estimated 20 – 25 hours per week. Possibility to transition to full-time employee with benefits.
You’ve been working in Experience & Visual Design for at least 2 years. Bonus if you’ve worked on an e-commerce product.
BENEFITs & PERKS
100% remote work. Flexible hours and low-stress environment. Possibility for more hours.
Pay will reflect your experience and the expertise and skill you bring to our team.
You are a self-started who is confident in their skills and not afraid to collaborate with developers
Role & Summary
Please note, Career Strategy Lab is helping a company find the right candidate for this role. In this role you would not be working with Career Strategy Lab or Sarah Doody in any way.
We are looking for a talented UX Designer to help us define and design key user flows and areas of our digital experience for marketing, such as the blog, and e-commerce such as the customer loyalty experience to grow the lifetime value of our customers.
You will work closely with our development team and key stakeholders from sales and marketing to define and strategize about new and existing areas of the website, conduct market research, and design the experience and the interface. In short, you excel at both experience design and visual design. You are equally comfortable at mocking up conceptual wireframes and doing detailed pixel-perfect interface designs.
It’s crucial that you have experience collaborating with developers so you understand the data you have to work with and any limitations of some of our website structure and technology stack. Our team is looking for someone who can confidently work as an individual contributor and UX team of one, manage their time, and wants ownership of their design decisions.
About The Company
This company is a direct-to-consumer e-commerce company that sells eco-friendly household cleaning products. Joining our team means having a meaningful role in making the world a better place; creating sustainable products while also helping those in need.
They are on a mission to make high-quality, low-waste products that contribute to a more sustainable future. We’re doing this by reducing plastic in shipping and packaging, regenerating the environment by supporting ocean clean-ups and tree planting, and through partnerships with charities and non-profits to donate meals and laundry detergent to those in need.
What You’ll Do
- Gather information about content, business, and technical requirements from stakeholders.
- Conduct competitor and market research to explore what’s working and not working in the marketplace with regards to customer loyalty programs and more.
- Define and communicate product ideas through user flows, wireframes, and low-fidelity mockups or prototypes.
- Interface with stakeholders to gather feedback and quickly iterate on your design ideas.
- Translate low fidelity concepts into high fidelity visual interface designs.
- Ensure that what you design is fully responsive and designed with best practices for ADA compliance.
- Conduct light usability testing during the product development life cycle.
- Work closely and collaboratively with our developers to communicate product details and evolve product and decisions as unexpected variables may come up during development.
- Our customer loyalty and lifetime value will increase as we create a meaningful rewards system to demonstrate the impact that Earth Breeze has on people and the planet.
- Our time to launch new features on our website and in the customer experience will increase as you will iterate quickly with both stakeholders and our development team.
- Two or more years of real-world working experience doing both experience and visual interface design.
- Experience designing mobile responsive websites.
- Portfolio or work examples to demonstrate your experience and design skills including userflows, wireframes, interface and visual design, and responsive design.
- Ability to translate business and stakeholder goals into ideas for product features. In other words, you don’t just want a brief that tells you what to make. Instead, the thought of generating and pitching ideas excites you.
Nice To Have
- Experience working in consumer e-commerce. Bonus if you have experience working on subscription-based products.
- Experience working on the customer side of an e-commerce site where customers would manage their orders and subscriptions.
- Experience designing content sites such as blogs, news sites, or other publications and digital media.
- Experience working with the Shopify e-commerce platform
You’re A Great Fit For This Role If …
- You thrive at not only thinking about the design but also the content. The phrase “content is king” often goes through your mind or comes up in design discussions.
- You’re known for your ability to dive into the details of things that are seemingly easy. For example, a blog is not just a blog 😉
- You love thinking about the entire experience and how sales, marketing, and the product itself fit together.
- You’re constantly considering the big picture and mico-level of a product experience. You know when to focus on the details and which details actually matter.
This Role Is Not For You If …
- You are at the stage in your career where you want hands-on mentorship and feedback from a manager or peer. This role is an individual contributor role where you will essentially function as a UX team of one.
- You are used to taking wireframes other people have created and only being responsible for the visual interface design. This role is for someone who can do both the experience design and the visual design.
- You cannot collaborate during flexible business hours (7:00 am – 6:00 pm Pacific Time) with people in the USA. The team needs to overlap during working hours to ensure the opportunity to hop on a real-time call and avoid lengthy delays between Slack and email messages.
We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
We respect your time and want to have a transparent process.
Below is our goal timeline. This is of course subject to change 🙂
May 18 – May 31
June 1 – June 10
June 13 – June 17